Divisional General Manager - Nairobi
One of our clients in the FMCG sector is looking to hire a Divisional General Manager who will lead in delivering strategic plans, budget and executes the plan to achieve the organization’s quarterly and annual financial commercial and operating target.
- The incumbent will carry the business vision and executes its mission by managing the organization efficiently and effectively, enabling capacity building capabilities, innovation; He or she will ensure the current five to ten-year financial, commercial, operational growth and sustainability targets are met.
- The job holder will be responsible for high performing, high potential human resources, compliance, controls, productivity, safety, health, environmental protections.
- The role requires an up to date understanding of relevant developments in the country, marketplace and local trade. Maintaining contacts with relevant stakeholders such as governments and relevant associations is an important factor to the success of the role.
- The position is expected to travel to the marketplace regularly to interact with sales, consumers and other stakeholders.
- Consistently achieves financial and key operating targets against objectives. Achieves targets for all key metrics in line with the annual business budget and plans.
- Responsible for the businesses financial and operating integrity, for intellectual property rights, compliance, corporate image, external stakeholder relations including statutory and regulation agencies such as the Kenya Bureau of Standards.
- Builds and leads an efficient team of leaders, who work together to successfully design and execute wining strategies for the company. Provides leadership to all functions and is the coordinator of competing interests for the greater good of the
business. Promotes development through instruction, training, coaching, performance appraisal, a robust feedback mechanism and protections for all.
- Spearheads research and innovation. Keeps abreast of new trends and emerging opportunities and leverages them for the business with excellence.
- Leads by example from the front, demonstrating and promoting teamwork, a culture of quality standards, integrity, ethics, inclusion, diversity and a relevant external corporate social responsibility plans.
- Prepares and presents regular, periodic reports for the Managing Director on performance, against strategic direction and material emerging trends with appropriate enumerated recommendations. Originates and advises the board on
strategic matters relating to the business performance, new investments, opportunities and proposals to enhance profitability, effectiveness, efficiency and promotes all
- Develops, establishes and operationalizes company policies, controls to ensure appropriate, efficient management structures are continuously developed, reviewed and implemented.
- Ensures operating procedures, controls, regulatory and best practice, compliance guidelines, HR guidelines are established, communicated and enforced to assure a productive, healthy and caring workplace is sustained.
- Develops, establishes and manages high level collaborative relationships with key policy makers, regulators, customers and other key stakeholders to ensure business retention and growth.
What we are looking for:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited University. At least ten years’ commercial experience in business leadership positions of which four years are at sales and marketing leader at a director or equivalent level are desired. A Marketing
or Management MBA and experience in FMCG multi-national and diverse environments is preferable.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial report details, commercial KPIs, other functional top line KPIs, regulatory compliance in a similar organization and the distributive trade in East Africa.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ‘street smarts’, solution-based thinking, numerate, superior presentation skills.
- Experience leading multi-functional and large teams, senior departmental heads effectively. Grasps issues quickly, identifies risks and makes fact-based decisions well.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Divisional General Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org on before 30th January 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
For more details visit: https://riseandlearn.ke/job-opportunities/.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.